Eat to Live
Lose Weight and be Healthy:
Our conventional wisdom about diet is killing us.
We "know" we "need" meat, dairy, and fats.
Look at this:
The highest rates of prostate and breast cancer occurs in the nations with the highest dietary fat consumption- Advances in Cancer Research 1980:32:237-345 Cancer Research 1975:(11Pt.2):3374-3383
The American Cancer Society promotes a vegetable based diet, stating that approximately one third of all cancers could be avoided by a vegetarian diet, exercise and avoidance of excessive alcohol consumption. Journal of the American Cancer Society: Nov/Dec 1999; 49:347
You can get all the protein you need from vegetables, fruit and grains. USDA Agriculture Handbook No. 456
Animal protein, not just the fat, causes cholesterol problems. Joel Fuhrman, M.D. Eat to Live
Keys to making a vegetable based diet work are:
1. Eat PLENTY of raw green leafy vegetables - if you get hungry, you aren't eating enough. A pound a day isn't too much.
2. Eat up to a pound of lightly cooked green vegetables each day.
3. Eat at least one cup of unsalted cooked beans or lentils each day, more is okay if you need them and if you are eating enough greens. (Flavor with Braggs Amino Acids and herbs)
4. Eat 4 servings of raw fruits each day. Diabetics may need to stick to vegetables or just unsweetened berries until the blood sugar is balanced.
5. Eat one tablespoon of ground flax seed each day.
6. Eat one serving/cup of whole grain or starchy vegetable each day.
Bless the Lord....who satisfieth thy mouth with good things so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalms 103:5